Steph Sits And Knits

Here, I'll tell the story of my life -- at least my knitting life.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Shhhh... Don't tell the kiddo


I took a break from knitten making to whip up a pair of these slipper boots. Susie will receive them tomorrow filled with candy from St. Nicholas. Happy St. Nicholas day!

I have been knitting a lot lately, but not posting here much because the knitting has been pretty boring. Mittens, mittens and more mittens. I am making several pairs for several people. When they are all down, I'll post a pic. of the whole lot.

I cannot wait to get back to work on Susie's Fairly Easy Fair Isle which I hope to have ready for the Christmas tree.

2 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

Oh please share the boring too! I do know the feeling, but we do like to see your work! And what a super idea for the day we observe the feast of St. Nicholas. I wish I had thought of it!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Steph said...

I certainly will post a pic of the mittens when they are done. I completed a pair today and hoe to do another.

In the past for St. Nicholas Day we have done new sneakers, new boots, stockings. Always, we fill them with candy, though this year the candy will be less than in the past, though of a higher quality. I am going to splurge on some Godiva truffles for the girl. She is eight now and old enough to appreciate the finer things. I noticed that most of her Halloween candy is still in the basket she collected it in. She only ate the yummy chocolates. She is definitely her mother's daughter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next